Airbus Type Ratings – A320, A330 and A340
Add an Airbus Type Rating to your certificate by completing our FAR 142 approved course in a state-of-the-art, FAA approved, Level C & D simulator at the Airbus Training Center in Miami. Flight Training International’s instructors are current and line captains, instructors, check airmen, and chief pilots at major US airlines who bring real world experience to your training.
Full type rating courses can normally be completed in as little as 12 days on campus and several options exist for accelerated training options. Contact us for more information regarding Airbus type ratings.
Contact Flight Training International for more details about Airbus A320, A330 and A340 Type Ratings today!
Flight Training International offers three Airbus type rating training programs:
- Initial Type Rating – Accelerated (8 days)
- Initial Type Rating – Full Length (12 days)
- Initial Type Rating – Upgrade (6 days)
Airbus A320 Type Rating
- The Airbus A320 family of jet airliners consists of five aircraft: the A318, A319, A320, A321 jet airliners and ACJ business jet.
- Only one type rating is required to fly these Airbus aircraft, as they have similar flight decks.
- To earn a type rating for these Airbus aircraft requires the completion of a technical course that lasts anywhere from 8 to 12 days depending on your pace.
Airbus A330 Type Rating
- The Airbus A330 is one of most popular aircraft in the Airbus family. Since its launch, the A330 has allowed Airbus to expand its market share in wide-body airliners.
Airbus A340 Type Rating
- The Airbus A340 is a long-range four-engine, wide-body commercial passenger jet airliner, which competes with Boeing’s 777 and 747.
Airbus CCQ Courses
- The term “CROSS CREW QUALIFICATION” (CCQ) refers to a reduced type rating transition course which gives credit for the technical similarities and common operational and handling procedures.
- The term CCQ is reserved for such courses between Airbus fly-by-wire types.
- Click here for more information about CCQ course footprint and locations.
- FTI conducts its Airbus training at the Airbus Training Center in Miami, FL, utilizing the same world class devices that Airbus operators use without the lengthy training footprint. The A320 course is also available in our Denver, CO location.
- Click here to see the prerequisites required for a type rating for this aircraft